About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom

Thursday 8 October 2009

Films to see

Have been reading about An Education which is showing at the BFI London Film Festival (starts next week). Unfortunately, I think the showings are all sold out, but the film opens in cinemas on 30 October.

It's about a young girl (Carey Mulligan), heading off to study at Oxford, who is seduced by an older man (Peter Saarsgard - one of those actors I always recognise but can never think what I have seen him in). I have just watched the trailer and it looks amazing - beautiful cinematography and an emotionally engaging story. To top it all, Emma Thompson also has a role...

I also like the look of Glorious 39, set on the eve of the outbreak of World War II. Written and directed by Stephen Poliakoff and starring Romola Garai, Julie Christie and David Tennant (to name but a few of the great names) this film ticks a large number of boxes for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment