About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom

Sunday 13 September 2009

Time Traveler's Wife

Went to see The Time Traveler's Wife on Friday at the Croydon Clocktower. Lovely cinema - so much nicer than the Vue at Grants, mainly because it's not packed full of teenagers who are more interested in their mobile phones than the film.

I hadn't read the book, so didn't really know what to expect. I'd heard various opinions from friends and colleagues - ranging from those who loved it and couldn't put it down to those who didn't get what the big deal was. I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would - the only down side was that I couldn't help my mind wandering and try to get my head around the whole time travel concept. I mean, how, why? Where does he live when he travels in time? How does he ever keep a job? How does he get money?! It did spoil it a bit for me, but I do think that the film was really well done and I was sorry it finished when and how it did.

After the film we walked down to South Croydon to Pizza Express. Three words: Dough Balls. Yum!

Baked pizza dough balls with garlic butter by j9.

No comments:

Post a Comment