About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom

Sunday 7 September 2008

Jack The Ripper

Went to see the Jack the Ripper exhibition at the Museum in Docklands yesterday. The museum is wonderful, housed in one of the old quayside buildings down in Docklands. The exhibtion was great, although as someone who has read a lot of Ripper books over the years I didn't really learn anything new! What I loved was seeing all the official documents from the time, as well as the infamous 'Dear Boss' letter. If anything, there was too much to take in on one visit. I may well have to invest in the Jack the Ripper and the East End book with intro by Peter Ackroyd. The other other exhibit we spent ages looking at were the Charles Booth poverty maps which re-awakened my love of all things cartographical!

No comments:

Post a Comment